Tectonic believes responsible mineral exploration and development can directly and indirectly benefit the communities in which we operate. We consistently and continuously evaluate our work with the goal of improving and enhancing our social performance. We understand that a high standard of social responsibility is necessary to obtain and maintain our social license, uphold our reputation with stakeholders and enhance our risk management.
Diversity and Inclusivity Commitment
We respect, and appreciate differences in acquired diversity, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, education, and religion. We celebrate and respect individuals for their distinct talents, skills and abilities and recognize that the varied contributions of a diverse and inclusive workforce enhance benefits to stakeholders and the communities in which we work.
Human Rights Commitment
We acknowledge our legal and moral responsibility to support and respect internationally proclaimed human rights. We recognize that our business activities can have potential adverse impact on human rights and seek opportunities to make positive contributions towards the fulfillment of human rights through and within our business activities. We uphold the human rights principles within the United National Global Compact (UNGC) and benchmark our compliance to human rights standards primarily through adherence to domestic laws while operating in jurisdictions where these conform to international standards.
Community Engagement Policy
- We aim to formalize our commitments to stakeholders and rightsholders in negotiated agreements.
- We are upfront and clear on our intentions and expectations.
- We engage before initiating work programs to ensure that the people affected by our business are informed and have opportunities to communicate with us.
- We engage early and openly to ensure a mutual understanding of the interplay of our work and community values is developed.
- We communicate in a manner that is honest regarding the inherent uncertainty of mineral exploration and manage expectations appropriately.
- We know our work can be a catalyst for economic development and improved social well-being. We actively work to maximize these opportunities while discouraging dependency.